*NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THIS BEFORE: WordPress has deleted another one of my posts, yet again. I was forced to repost it. thanks!
I get back to blogging, and we’re already half-way done with the year. seriously?
so, how is everyone today? well, I’m back from my 3-week blogging hiatus! I hope all of you are doing well this first week of June!
today’s post is simply just my month in review, life updates, and announcements to get the month going!
anyways, I believe that’s it for the introductions, so why don’t we get started already?
*AHHH. I realize this post is extremely late for a recap. but I love recaps, so, hope you didn’t mind that I posted this quite late.
May // a month in review + a life update
my life has had it’s ups and downs lately. let’s look back on my month, shall we?
*NOTE: I switched up these portions of my recap, just for the sake of your guys’ short reader attention span, and also for my own. XD I also did this so I could try seeing how different recaps fit my style.*
l i f e
first thing first: I got grounded. from blogging, reading, end of the school year activities, etc. I mean, three weeks not being able to do what I have passions for? awful. completely awful. I definitely learned my lesson (which I don’t feel like saying.)
my dance studio had two competitions in May! we did pretty well, in my opinion, I just think that we could’ve done much better; but isn’t that always the case? if you wanted to know my scores, we hit all 2nds the first comp, and all 3rds in the second comp this past month. also, if you could, please keep my studio in your prayers! we’ve had some trouble these past few weeks with drama and etc. so, please pray!
I made it into Junior Guards! Em, Blake, Ty, and I all made it into Junior Guards for the summer! they held tryouts a few weekends ago, and we were all blessed to make it in!
it’s summer break!! for those who haven’t had the pleasure of freedom yet, I pray for you. summer is one of my favorite times of the year, and although I really am glad about summer vacation, I’m going to miss my school friends! (homeschool group friends, if you were wondering.)
Progressive Fun Night. let me explain… at the end of every school year, our (homeschool co-op) school hosts a scavenger hunt all over the city in which we live. there were different teams you would go up against! and although it was very hyped and sweaty, it was probably the funnest
(wow, great grammar, Syd.) night of the summer so far! anywho, after the scavenger hunt, we were surprised by our director who bought everyone tickets to see Solo (which I’ll be doing a review on soon)! we even got to sit in the luxury theater with recliners and all that super awesome shabang.
b l o g g i n g
this last month, I was pretty much dead. blame her! *points randomly to the right*
but seriously. look at my list of 3 posts, or 2 posts if you don’t include the recap.
April Recap + May Goals // National Prayer Day– a recap post and a few prayer requests to celebrate National Prayer Day!
procrastinated portfolio add-ons (featuring photos and NaNo snippets) // verses of the month!– a simple post full of photos and snippets along with inspirational verses of the month.
happy Mother’s day! // my letter to mom– a short post with a mothers day wish and a loving letter to all of you wonderful mothers out there!
most popular post of the month
be sure to check out my surprisingly short list of posts and the post above if you haven’t had the chance to already!
reached my goal of 135 followers! I gained about 15 followers this month… pretty good, right? and thanks to all of you for sticking with me!
I totally didn’t reach my goals. like I said, I was dead this month.
my mothers day post reached stats WAY more than I expected! I absolutely was NOT expecting moms from school to come up to me and tell me they were crying their eyes out because of my letter. 😂 my mom reposted this on Facebook, and many others did too!
stats were actually better than I expected on a hiatus like this! I didn’t know I would have stats higher than March, and March was my highest month next to April.
this past month was at very low stakes for blogging! and again, if you haven’t checked out and read the posts above, make sure you do before you leave!
b o o k s + w r i t i n g
we’ve gotten to bookish topics! how fun! yeah, get ready for the lamest book+writing month ever.
what I’ve read
// The Blood of Olympus // Trials of Apollo, book 1 // Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods //
why all Rick Riordan? and don’t worry, my current obsession should be over soon. and blame Rick Riordan for my lack of not reading other influential books, please!
I am pretty ashamed of my writing productivity during May. I wrote two chapters of my NaNoWriMo novel? I think??
and that’s pretty much it! see? lamest writing month. ever.
June // my goals and expectations
so, June is expected to be a very exciting month! I have JG, starting a summer bullet journal, more dance competitions, getting ready for nationals… let’s look on my goals.
- start my summer bullet journal! I’ve just bought a brand new bullet journal for the summer! (what a coincidence, Em!?) I’m hoping to finish up my layout and get started in it pretty soon. I might post on it.
- post a summer tbr and bucket list! I have TONS of books I’m wanting to read this summer, and I was hoping to post on my tbr and also make a dent in the list.
- read at least 5 books or more! I have not been keeping up with my reading goals these past few months, but hopefully I will not fail this goal!
- hopefully post that lettering collab with Em! we’ve talked about this for ages now.
- don’t complain about my failures. I have a big problem with complaining, getting angry with myself, and always making mistakes in EVERYTHING. it’s my new goal to be thankful for my mistakes and to learn from them.
- actually finish my blog design! my blog renovation has been going on for a month now and I plan to finish it this month (and maybe even switch it up even more…)
- keep consistent with my Bible reading habits. I’ve been reading my Bible almost every day now, in the book of Ecclesiastes, just a chapter a day. I’ll be moving onto Proverbs soon.
- stay in the habit of eating sugar-free for the entire summer! my brother and I wanted to try this out. my mom encouraged us to, but I really can’t understand how someone could live without chocolate.
and, those are my goals for June! I’m hoping I can encourage myself to accomplish them this month, as well as check off some things on my bucket list!
updates // announcements
I thought I’d let y’all in for some of my announcements for this month!
- I’ve updated my blog button! if you’d like to swap, let me know!
- get ready for (hopefully) many summer-ish type posts! I’ve been planning and plotting a lot since I was on a hiatus, so I have many, many plans… muahahaha… XD just kidding!
- I’m really thinking of changing my name + URL. I need opinions, please! what do you guys think of my name? The Weekly Adventurer? I don’t think my blog is living up to it. what do you guys think?
- Em and I are currently in the process of that lettering post.we’ll (most-likely) have it up soon! maybe.
- status update: I’m bored now.
that’s the end of it! hope you guys enjoyed my recap and I hope your May was enjoyable, blessed, and a plentiful month. I definitely learned a lot this month.
(I’m still working on this “let’s chat!” thing.)
// do you think I’m living up to my name? // are you on summer break? // did ya miss me? XD // are you excited for more of my upcoming posts? // let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
well, that’s all for now. xx,
p.s. // go and give Clara some love! she’s hosting an awesome giveaway for 400 followers! have you entered yet?