okay, so June went by in a flash, time is being really mean to me, and I’ve been blogging for almost a year now.
can you believe that? I, honestly, can’t even believe it’s July, and I don’t think I’m alone on that, am I?
we’re officially HALFWAY through 2018 guys, which also means we’re halfway through summer, and also halfway to 2019. yeah, scary. oh, and the fact that school, for me, is starting NEXT MONTH?? time must be really mad at me or something.
anyways, this month went way too fast for it’s own good. just sayin’.
J u n e 2018 // i n r e v i e w
this past month, I barely kept track of anything. a dance competition, then a convention, following Junior Guards, a sleepover, another weekend full of dance competitions, and then losing my laptop charger while I type up this post on my mother’s computer.
- but, here’s a quick life update–
- I spent 2-weeks at the beach for Junior Guards. this was the main highlight of my month, along with being the un-highlight of the month thanks to the wonderful tan and sunburn I got. but, I did get to spend a lot of time with friends and family during this time. shout-outs to Emily’s family, my family, and the wonderful friends we made at Junior Guards!
- we watched Incredibles 2 with friends from JG. I was so blessed to go watch Incredibles 2 with Em and her family, and a few friends from JG! it was an incredible movie, and the cute Pixar short at the beginning was super! (don’t mind the puns)
- I started a bullet journal. I am so glad I was able to start one this summer– and I’ve actually kept up with it this past month.
- I was able to take a few pictures with my polaroid. I haven’t brought out my polaroid in months, and I was lucky to get a few nice shots with it.
- I hiked a few trails. because hiking is always nice. except for when it’s 100 degrees outside.
- ran a Harry Potter Marathon with Em, Blake and my brother. and, no it wasn’t an actual marathon, it was a movie marathon.
b l o g g i n g
this month, I was
pretty much dead barely active. I’ve had very little time on WordPress at all, hence why this recap post is so late.
- I did post a few times, though.
- I’m back! // May’s (very late) Recap + June Goals // future updates and announcements — here, I wrapped up my month, with updates, goals, and expectations. basically the same type of post as this one, so go read it.
- My Summer Bucket List 2018 + inspiration and ideas for you — in this post, I listed my summer bucket list 2018, along with featured inspirations and ideas for you!
- recent portfolio additions + procrastinated photography // ft. much love for baby bunnies — pretty self-explanatory, but here you’ll find many of my recent pictures, featuring much love for bunnies.
- an introduction to bullet journalling + ft. my tips and tricks // plan with me! + a late June BuJo Spread — lastly, in this post, I wrote of my first experience with bullet journaling, a late June Spread, and tips and tricks that I came across during my research… definitely check it out!
anyway, I’ve been putting this off for a while now, but I’m really happy to announce that it’s almost my first official year of blogging! I’m still contemplating on what to do, but if you have any suggestions, let me know your thoughts in the comments! guys, you have no idea how thankful I am for the blessings blogging has given me. honestly, I owe it all to you for your encouragement and such sweet personalities. each and every one of you are really meaningful to me– thank you so much for sticking with me this long!
b o o k s // w r i t i n g
June was just as bad as May. but, I was able to check off one of the books on my tbr,
which is now taller than me *cough*.
- this past month I read…
- Trials of Apollo, The Dark Prophecy. this book is the second in the series, Trials of Apollo.
- The Green Ember is a book that was on my tbr for about a day until Emily persuaded me to buy it. AND. get this. I was able to meet the author in person, plus get it signed by him! I’m not done reading it yet, but I’m workin’ on it.
for writing this month, I wrote a couple of freewrites.
ahem, cringy freewrites. and that’s literally all I did for writing this month.
g o a l s
yay! we can see how amazing I did at accomplishing my goals. look at all of those bright red Xs– just look at them!
- this past month I did a lot of things like…
- start my summer bullet journal ✔ did that, and am really pleased with my spreads for June!
- post a summer tbr and bucket list ✔/❌ I posted my bucket list, although I never got around to a tbr. because I’m busyy.
- read at least 5 books or more ❌ nope. not at all.
- hopefully post that lettering collab with Em ❌
- don’t complain about my failures. ✔/❌ I kinda forgot about this one after the first half of the month…
- post 7 times. ❌ haha, not even close.
- actually finish my blog design! ✔ I’m done with renovations, but I’m getting really tired of my fonts. they’re a bit overused in my opinion.
- keep consistent with my Bible reading habits. ❌ I need to get back on track with this.
- stay in the habit of eating sugar-free for the entire summer! ❌/✔ sorrrttaaa. *cough*
- for July, I’ve got lots of things planned…
- achieve middle splits with squared hips. this, I’ve been working on for a long time. I’m really close, too!
- read at least 5 books or more, make a dent in my tbr. my book-reading levels are dropping dramatically, and I need to get it back up before summer’s over.
- finish the dance competition season strong. the season’s actually already over, but I’ll have to recap that in my July wrap-up…
- stay productive with extra summer schoolwork. I was never really done with schoolwork because I got behind, but now I really need to stay on top of it.
- celebrate my one-year blogiversary! I’m so excited! save the date for July 8th or maybe a few days later?
- start re-reading Harry Potter on Audible. being the true Potterhead I am, I’m going to start re-reading the series.
- go on my official first road-trip. I’m so blessed to be able to go on my first road trip with Em and her family. ah, I know I do so much with them. but I really can’t help it, since it was our parents’ idea.
and, I think that’s about it.
how was your month? // can you believe it’s July? // when does school start for you? // any plans?? // what did you accomplish in June? // let me know your thoughts in the comments!
hope you have a great rest of your week.